Restoring the Sharpe Memorial

From Tim Baker:  In 1865 the Churchyard was extended onto the site of the former Smugglers Cottages in Church Hill, close to the Old School House. The land was purchased through the generosity of the good folk of Courtlands in Sharpthorne. To mark this, a memorial stone was fixed to the wall alongside the steps … [Read more…]

Grand launch

    GRAND LAUNCH OF THE APPEAL FOR ST. MARGARET’S EXTENSION FUND The plans are on view in the church now, pop in and have a look.  The Slinfold Concert Band delighted us with a rousing and most      enjoyable afternoon of music in the church last Sunday, helping us to    raise funds … [Read more…]